View Single Post
jonnyhr

JCF Member

jonnyhr is doing well so far

Feb 21, 2005, 04:35 PM
Hello, I was the one who made the model Baggers posted.. I just came by here by accident really.. but if one is searching for JJ2 its kinda hard not to drop by here I'm guessing.

I'm gonna answer some questions and comments about the model.
I'm not very experianced in modeling.. but I try my best to keep it low-poly but in the same time high on details.. which is a nearly impossible ballance.
Fur is always a challange when doing models (not that I've done much before) there three ways this can be done basicly.. low-poly: texture the fur, middle-poly: make planes and make a transparrant texture. or very hight poly: model it all 0_o

For this model I have chosen to make the fur a part of the texture.. sinse I've got most experiance with doing textures. the hard part here will be to avoid flatness. But this will ensure a good flow in the game. The straps for his bag has not been modeled.. because it might make some issues when animating this, which is the reason I desided to texture it on instead.. I might reconsider this though.. but it will add to the poly count. The stuff on the front.. is supouse to be fur.. and will hopefully look a lot better when textured. Finally it is the head band. I have desided to put the back pice of the head band as its own object, this way a cloth simulator can be added to it.. so it will react to the movement of the character.

Thanks for the comments on this model.. I've played quite a bit of Jazz Jackrabbit in the past.. but I dont know him as well as you guys do.. so when the texture is done.. I would like comments on that as well

Baggers:
Looked at the boxes, I think they look GREAT!

- Later