View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Sep 22, 2011, 08:04 AM
I just need to figure out where, that is, where the settings will be stored. JCS puts everything in the registry, but that doesn't work as well if you're hoping to have Mac and Linux ports whenever you get around to figuring that out. They could be stored in an .ini or .xml or whatever file in the same folder as MLLE, but I'm designing it to have multiple copies in different folders, e.g. a JJ2 folder, a TSF folder, a Battery Check folder, and so on. Thus each one can have its own .ini file with its own particular list of events and texture effects and so on, but presumably things like keyboard shortcuts would be universal settings that one would want to hold for every copy in every folder. I guess I just need to figure out where appropriate settings folders are for various operating systems... and various versions thereof... blegh.

(The alternative, I guess, is to keep MLLE in one folder and one folder only and edit everything from afar, loading different .ini files each time a level is loaded or a version is changed. That would make filename code a bit more difficult, but more importantly, loading things would take a bit longer, and there's absolutely no internal difference between Battery Check and v.10o levels. Hmmm!)