View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 23, 2012, 10:23 AM
Some thoughts:
  • MLLE doesn't only edit .LEV files, though I suppose that's all that's relevant for that video.
  • There are at least three known original MLLE screenshots, not two.
  • Speaking of that page, I know you're focusing on 1.00g, but it might be fun to mention what little is known about even older versions? For instance, that warp near the beginning of Dungeon Dilemma was probably a late addition.
  • Pretty much everyone makes this mistake: you should be comparing 1.00g to 1.20 at the highest, not 1.23 or 1.24. Here's a list of changes made in the various patches.
  • Powered-up ice going in two different directions in 1.23 is most probably a bug, since the second blast always goes to the right (instead of, say, the opposite direction to the first) and it's one of the few things fixed in 1.24.
  • Oh man, I've never tried freezing a gem ring in 1.00g! Awesome.
  • Speaking of gems, you might want to mention that the reason they cap at 100 is that collecting enough of them was supposed to give you an extra life, according to Rabbit in Training. That's probably why coins turn into gems after a coin warp, too, given that the gem events are worth fewer points than the corresponding coin events.