View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jun 4, 2012, 11:54 PM
Alright, let's try logic. BHG is a good studio that had been running out of money so Epic decided to hire some of them. We should assume Epic expects it to pay off in one way or another. Well, in fact it already does, by improving the company's public image, but it doesn't mean they don't want to gain money on it as well and so far hiring new people will only mean paying more people. And BHG will probably want to come in useful, at least at the beginning. So you expect them to what, work on a Jazz Jackrabbit game? Our community might agree or disagree on whether it's really impossible to make money on a new JJ title but Cliffy stated his opinion rather directly last time I checked. I could have doubts if BHG had any experience on creating platformers but their only games so far are some RTS's, a board game and an RPG. I have to admit, if you take Reckoning and in your mind replace the main character with a green rabbit and his weaponry with LFG-2000 it gets close to acceptable (and somewhat ridiculous), nevertheless, if it's not a platformer, why use Jazz? It's not like the game is known for its great storyline and many ways of developing the character, it's certainly not the first video game hero you think of when you want to create an RPG.

I might be overly negative about it so don't get me wrong, just like everyone here I'd love to see an official continuation of JJ series, I just don't believe that this particular event might have anything to do with creation of one. I'm just trying to be realistic here, nothing suggests we should take this news as a good sign and really, the more hope you have now, the more you will be disappointed in case I'm right.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.