View Single Post

JCF Member

MoonBlazE is an asset to this forum

Feb 13, 2005, 04:41 AM
Forest Tileset Contest REVIVED

At first, this contest failed. Even though a lot of people showed interest, no one ended with submitting an entry to me. The result was no one were given any prices, and all the games are still lying here, unpacked and collecting dust. Thus, I am reviving the contest, to allow players a second chance of winning the prices.

The original contest post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBlazE
Forest Tileset Level Contest

Yeah, it sounds mad. A contest dedicated to even more cursed forest tilesets, which we've seen too many of already. The point of this contest is originality, so I would like to see a forest tileset that is so original themed that it is worth to consider using over something like Swamps.

Your tileset must:
- Feature a kind of forest. You are not limited to a specific kind of forest, so you may create any kind of forest (like as a frozen, enhanced, or haunted one).
- Be unique. Do not create a tileset looking the same as an already existing tileset, such as Swamps by Agama.
- Contain all the required tiles. These are destruction blocks, arrows, hooks, poles, signs, spikes, sucker tubes, trigger blocks, and vines. There is no requirement for a specific way of drawing them.

You earn points for additional details and their quality (such as mushrooms, webs, shrub, flowers, ect.). You lose points for mistakes, such as mask errors, broken textures. Future more, a public pool will be started and people may vote for your tileset for an additional 3 points.

The one with most points win, meaning the winner is not only cored from the quality, but also from the originality and popularity in his set. You are not allowed to have any help from others, rip tiles from other tilesets, or vote for yourself.

As price you may pick any of the following games that will be send to you by post: Rayman 3 (Hoodlum Havoc), IL-2 Sturmovik, Chessmaster 9000, Ghost Recon, Heroes of Might and Magic IV, or CSI (Crime Scene Investigation). The second place may also pick a game out from the remaining games.
The rules remain the same, the difference is just that instead of picking one prize, the winner picks 3 and the remaining 3 goes to the second place.

The deadline is at 20:00 (GMT) on the first of May, 2006. All entries must be sent to moonblaze (at) gmail (dot) com. Entries submitted later on the day may be accepted (with a good excuse). You are stronly advised to keep the deadline, though.

There will probably be two other judges in addition to me, Cibex and Dalspots (should they respond to me in the nearest future). Both of these are talented artists that will see the tileset from more than one point of view.

Last edited by MoonBlazE; Feb 24, 2006 at 11:42 AM.