View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Nov 29, 2016, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBrute View Post
I have read this manual
https://www.jazz2online.com/wiki/list_servers
, but do not know how to work with the information from the port 10057
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBrute View Post
but I want to display only my server and read the status of it directly from the server, not from listservers
So far these are contradictory, so perhaps you should make it clear what you want first if you want your problem solved.

Ports 10053-10059 are used exclusively for communication with the list servers. If you want to bypass communication with the list servers, that is definitely possible, but communication with the server can only be done using functionality of port 10052. The actual port can be different if you're running JJ2+, but you can only communicate using packets that JJ2 expects from that port. Port 10052 is the one JJ2 uses for communication between two game instances. It does not have special functionality for retrieving server data by non-players, because such data is instead obtained from the list servers. This means that to obtain any information about the server other than whether it is online or not, you will have to create a ghost player that joins the server and collects such data (which will not work if the server is full).

The same approach is used by SGIP. First it uses ports 10053-10057 to obtain the server list, and then port 10052 (or other depending on server) to send a ghost player to each server in order to obtain the player list. This is why retrieving player lists fails if the server is full, or if the bot's IP is banned.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.