Thread: Bad level craze
View Single Post

JCF Member

blurredd is an asset to this forumblurredd is an asset to this forum

Jun 20, 2002, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by >>Møønßlãzé<<
I don't think it depends on the level, I think it depends on the person who made it.
If some newbie made a great CTF level, and Cell did on same time, it would be Cell's level who would get many reviews.
What?!? Newbies can make great CTF levels?? That'll be the day! You have to consider the fact that a CTF level is harder to make good than a battle level or any other gameplay in JJ2 (At least that's what I think).

Quote:
I made a good Treasure with one of Amaga's tilesets, I was testing this by uploading the level with another username: Freezolf.]
You managed to contradict yourself with that statement. Sure, your treasure level got few reviews, but Agama practially came from nowhere (like a n00b) and uploaded some of the greatest tilesets on JJ2. He was able to get some of the highest ratings and most reviews on JCF. But then again, this might just be because it's easier to recognize a good tileset than a good CTF or battle level (though I doubt this is all true... maybe it was just the high rating that gets everyone to download it).

So I mainly agree with what Unknown Rabbit said, though MoonBlaze is right. Those levels made by newbies that you think will be bad are probably bad. So by instinct, you won't want to go out of the way to download some level you know probably won't be too good.

Oh, and I think it's just arrogant to think your own levels are good
ATB Contest. Scripting Language.
Gameplay Theories.
1UP. Pitfall. Desolation.
SC2.