View Single Post

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

May 14, 2018, 12:54 PM
Oh man, my story.. where should I even begin? I'm active for over 20 years now in the Jazz Jackrabbit community. So there are a major ton of fond memories to go around and to tell. However, I totally suck in telling stories but also I’m far from being creative.. I can draw stick figures, I guess? Oh, yeah.. I am able to create levels, it always gives me a huge smile if someone downloads it and plays with it a bit.

I’ve been involved in so many (especially early) projects with the community. I always wanted the community to thrive, but these days I’m major irrelevant. People made and create so much beautiful stuff, so much awesome websites and so many projects that boost the community in anyway. I’m proud of you, you all that are involved in this process.

Now let’s talk about my most memorable and most fond memory, I don’t think I should talk about the games perse. I'm talking more about the community. My first meeting with community memberts in a small village next to Amsterdam, named Broek and Waterland. I think that was my most fond memory. Meeting with Fquest, NewSpaz, Haze Hackrabbit, Dr Jones, Disguise, Aiko and several others I fail to mention.

We went canoeing, explore the vast and flat nature of ‘Waterland’ a little district of the province of ‘North Holland’. We went for the 15 km route. For us untrained nerds this was a hassle, it took is way longer then the target time, but we had laughs and fun. At some point during the trip, mr Disguise lost his camera, it felt into the water. A big shame, back then digital cameras was a quite expansive investment… so losing that into the murky waters of Waterland gives you panic moments. Infact Disguise actually jumped and dove into the water trying to save his camera. Which ofcourse is pretty impossible with the muddy waters. After searching for a half hour, he started to look like a bog monster and gave up on the thing. However, Janneman aka Disguise is .. Disguise, he actually shrugged up his shoulders and smiled. ‘Oh well, let’s just continue the trip!’ You can imagen that, even though we didn’t want to laugh.. people couldn’t hold it in anymore and we burst into laughter.

I’m proud of the people that kept GPW a-live in times I went totally inactive with the game, I’m still proud wearing the Mystic Legends tag as level designer and I’m still happy that I can say I was part of Jazz 2 City and JMMB crew back in the day. But mostly, I’m proud being part of this community.

Now that I’m past my 30’s, I’m pretty sure that I would say the same when I’m past my 40’s.

Thank you all.

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends