View Single Post

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Aug 26, 2010, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
But I think deleted uploads' pages should remain even if author decided to delete his/her files, this way preserving any reviews/ratings the level got (and the author should be able to re-upload the level - for I'm sure some people delete files in their anger and would later agree with submitted reviews). I'm sure it's terrible having written a long review only to have it deleted by a person who didn't like the marks he or she got.
It wouldn't really be deleting a file if you're not deleting it from the downloads listing, would it?

The problem is that if we disable deleting stuff authors could still just re-upload as an empty file or something. Unless we disable re-uploading too, but I don't think that's a good solution. I agree that it's unfortunate that people can't take low ratings they get and remove their files out of frustration, but there's simply little we can do about that.

As for the file previews, I agree with Hunter here; I think there's some legitimate reasons for not wanting to allow file previews and that authors should be free to choose whether to allow it or not. Personally, I like to use it as a way of checking out whether a level looks interesting enough to download or not, so in my case not allowing a preview would mean a lost download, but it's still the author's choice.