View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Aug 3, 2011, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBolt View Post
Hey Unknown Rabbit, in order to keep out outside distractions, have you considered a fullscreen mode? That would be especially useful to those of us with dual monitors.
I really know next to nothing about dual monitors. Is what you're proposing substantially different from maximizing the window?

Quote:
Would it be possible to add support for up to 99 triggers and 99 text strings? I know it can be done.
JJ2 doesn't support more than 32 triggers, as you can test for yourself by editing JCS.ini. Text strings are more complicated. 1.23 (and presumably lower versions) will display text strings all the way up to #255, although #16 to about #63 run the risk of overlapping other data stored in the .j2l. Adding text strings higher than #~63 to a .j2l file does not interfere with any data in the .j2l itself, but does overlap with and apparently overwrite memory internal to JJ2. However, we know absolutely nothing about what deleterious effects this might or might not have, because it's so untested. TSF, by contrast, will only display text strings #0-15.

Quote:
Also, maybe a "level preview" option? Kinda like parallax display, but without having to "save and run" the level. Maybe if you were to click it or press the hotkey, another "preview box" window would pop up, showing a frozen sprite for the enemies and trigger crates and such?
Basically what you're asking for is a sprite preview mode, which has been suggested before. I don't really see how that would be useful, and it would take a whole lot of new code since I'd want to get the images directly from anims.j2a. I'm not inherently against it, but the effort seems to outweigh the gain by far.

As a general rule, things that are completely feature ideas/requests and not pertaining to specific design things I'm talking about are probably better placed in the big thread, especially since that way you can look through the thread in advance and make sure your idea hasn't already been posted.