View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Sep 5, 2011, 05:08 PM
The problem is, I suspect many AGA events are practically useless without their parameters set up right, so it might not be too wise to have all those boxes hidden from view. I think what I'm going to do is make sure everything saves properly and can be thoroughly edited within MLLE. Then whenever I get around to a test release, generous people can help with the work of figuring out what all the individual parameters do and setting up the .ini accordingly, which knowledge is not required for the programming itself.

(AGA, for whatever reason, ships with a file EventParams.ini which gives a few clues about how some of its events work. I'm not sure it's all 100% accurate -- it may be from an earlier version of the game -- but it definitely suggests that some of the parameters are going to be things like "angle of bullet," "whether bullet can go through walls," "can enemy jump," "what frame in the shooting animation does the bullet actually appear," etc. Lots and lots of events have string parameters, usually used to name another object (e.g. the switches) or sprite (e.g. bullets or shards from the stuff that Dot shatters). It's complicated and not at all in the same spirit as the rest of .j2l files.)