View Single Post

JCF Member

Borgia is doing well so far

Jan 2, 2016, 12:54 AM
My uploads aren't exactly high on downloads either, but that may have various reasons :P. I could link to all my uploads at once, but I'll just stick to the two most recent ones.

Borgia's Crispy Test

Cathedral of St Borgius - No Fire version

About the latter one: that's meant for Street Fight LRS, but apparently never tried because it's unrated. Also, cooba pointed out to me that you can trigger a No Fire zone instead of putting individual events throughout the entire level. AngelScript is also able to make a level No Fire with one line only. Well, if some Scriptwizard could do that for me, I'd be happy :P. For now, it works just fine. The only place where the No Fire zones don't work is covered by a spawning seek.

I don't know when my next project will be online, but you can read more about that here.

Also, a word on my early uploads (such as the Haunted test): I know there's a lot wrong with them. Especially the Haunted test is a tilebugged thing that's really more of an experiment than a true, full-bred test. When I first created it, I thought it looked good, but now I'm like: what is this piece of junk? That goes for Acrid too in a way: just look at the floor...I never realized that until I made the Crispy Test. You can still rate and review them if you like, but be gentle. They are among the first things I ever made, so of course there's going to be something 'weird' about them. Although they look 'ugly', I don't change them. I want them to be as they are, so you can see my progress throughout my building career. The Cathedral, which was the first upload and creation ever, is an exception to that rule. It's mah baby and should be improved whenever I think of something. If you have time, play Desolate and the Egy tests. Even I wonder how I ever managed to create something like that. It will never happen again.

I try as much as I can to improve, but at some point I really have to step away from tests to discover the greater scheme of things. Battle, CTF, that sort of thing. That's going to be quite difficult...even more so than making a decent test (one that is not too 'generic' or 'tiresome').

Thanks for reading all this ^^.

Last edited by Borgia; Jan 2, 2016 at 01:25 AM.