View Single Post

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

Aug 19, 2007, 04:19 PM
Lets say you purchased a copy of 1.23. Assuming you still have full ownership of all parts of that CD you COULD TECHNICALLY legally download it depending on the national laws.

Thinking about it IF j2o REALLY WANTED TO, they COULD put Jazz Jackrabbit 2 for download. Depending on the coutry, of course. I believe it's hosted in US but I could be wrong. I'm not sure of the US laws but if memory serves me right this is what they could do.

First, they upload it to rapidshare or megaupload or mooload or any of those free file hosting services. Now what they could do is put the download link. Then post a disclaimer similar to the following:

Quote:
Disclaimer

We do NOT encourage piracy. These links are intended for backup purpose only. Do NOT download any hosted files if you do NOT own the original CD.

All parts of the jazz2online's website are for private use only. No files are hosted on our server, they are only indexed much like how Google works. This site merely indexes of other sites’ contents. The hosting server or the administrator cannot be held responsible for the contents of any linked sites or any link contained in a linked site, or changes / updates to such sites. All materials on this website is for Educational Purposes ONLY. If you’re member of any anti-piracy, government, corporation or related group or organization (including, but not limited to, Microsoft, Template Monster, IPB/Invision Power/vBulletin/Jelsoft, FBI, Epic Mega Games, Orange Studios, etc.) you cannot enter this site and view any of site contents. If you are unsure, email : (insert admin's email here) asking for access before entering. If you enter this site and do not agree with current terms you can not provide any treatment of our hosting ISPs, organization or any persons storing this site information because your actions will be estimated as violation code no. 431.322.12 of the Internet Privacy Act from 1995.
I believe that YES you very well COULD upload jj2. That would never happen though and I don't really think it should since all the pirates would be downloading from here in a heartbeat. It wouldn't be right to do that since people would be downloading instead of paying epic it might even be thought of as stealing from Epic. I just wanted to make it clear that jj2 CAN be put up for download it's just immoral and I wouldn't dare do it out of moral values. But I think it could be done. :/

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this