View Single Post

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Jan 14, 2010, 10:00 PM
Thanks you very much for the advice. I changed the background a bit, to hopefully make it a bit more varied, and better-looking. And now that you point it out, I do realize that there isn't much explanation for where things lead. I had kind of assumed that people would figure out how to best use it after playing around on the level for a while, but this is the kind of assumption I don't think I should make as a level designer. I noticed that on the swiss cheese level, from the short amount of testing I did do, everyone else fell in the pit very much, and didn't seem motivated to play the level enough to figure out how to avoid this. Since I knew the level, I knew several different ways to get anywhere, and figured these paths would become apparent much more easily to players unfamiliar with the level than they did. I will have to get in the habit of making my levels more friendly to those who don't know them.

Oh, and I started a level with a Bloxonious tileset that's got some fun trigger stuff. I think I'll have to use Reworder for some of it, and hopefully i get it to work right.

Lexicographer: Someone who writes dictionaries
Neophyte: A novice, or newbie
Hemisemidemiquaver: In music, a sixty-fourth note

Exit Troglobite, Stage Left