View Single Post

JCF Member

[GpW]Urbs is an asset to this forum

Sep 24, 2005, 03:03 AM
Well I think everyone thought these facts about the rest of us would be more important community wise. But hey, C-C had the right to do it, and if our ideal is revealing truth, I'm all for it. Some examples are a bit old as well, but nevertheless.
I applaud Chippie for his solution to the main reason this whole flame war started, he has really shown us all that he is clearheaded and is a worthy successor to Reptile. I'm sure C-C and VS who lost their crown(DM didnt, they're still the 1st in the world atm), can regain it in the next tournament, because their warteams are definetly among the best out there, C-C's lately even more so.
Another positive thing about this discussion is that we all realised, that the tournaments that up till now were more or less regular, have gone lose. I'm sure the community can cope with this, since we have some great programmers amongst our ranks as well. I'm sure the JDC crew and JJ2wc crew will have new and handy gadgets to make sure the tournament is fair for all, and played without any cheats and with real players.
The Cracco clan who was under the spotlights this time round, hasn't really been treated too unfairly in the end. Sure some people may think less of them, and they've lost the crown. But trust can be regained through time and righteous actions, and the crown is definetly within their reach next january.
We've learned of some saucy details about some other clans and people as well. What has proven to be quite difficult in this debate is, whether the actions of an individual can be generalised with the whole clan. The answer is without doubt no, unless that person is the clan leader, or one higher in the clans hierarchy. TF, for example, is definetly one of the friendliest clans, with some individuals that are so calm, and reasonable, that I can only envy them. And make no mistake, I do envy them. Yet one of its members was accused of helping out another clan, by changing his nick, and playing for them. A stupid, and irresponsible action, that could hurt the reputation of this persons clan. But I'm sure we all agree, that we can't generalise this on the whole of TF, right? Right. Leaders can't know about everything that their members do. But they should try, and they should warn their members, should they know about such or other plots.
Also I would like to applaud yasco, for admitting what he did. Trust me, it aint easy. And I can tell you from talking with him, he isn't a bad person, that's one thing I'm sure of(if I can judge who a good person is, after doing what I did). Because as I said, he felt bad about what he did, which proves he has a conscience. I think some1 said, that he must be a bad person as well(maybe in a diff topic), well he might be a bit confused and silly at times, but he's a heck of a jj2 player, and a heck of a person as well.
Now I'm out of this whole thing as well. Have a civil and on topic conversation people. And remember, having peace for all cost isn't the way to go, things have to be discussed. It's the same as, for example, a person holding his feelings inside for too long. It has to come out sooner or later. And when it comes, it comes with a boom, and usually not for the good of that person. The same goes for some people/organisations involved here. But heck I think we've all learned some valuable lessons, or so I hope.
HF

Gamer Pryde Worldwide