View Single Post

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

May 10, 2018, 12:23 AM
Wink Contest: Summertime Jazziness!

Oh boy, it's the first time I'm actually creating a JJ2 level making contest. This makes me feel very anxious but I hope it will be well received by you, the JJ community.

"Summertime Jazziness!" is a Single Player level contest with emphasis on things that are related to summer and the summer holiday. There are a lot of possible themes for this: the beach, mountain trips, pool parties, the exaggeratedly hot weather and so on.
  • First place gets a 25€ Steam Card!
  • If there will be more than 4 contestants, there will be a second place as well: A 10€ Steam Card!
  • And if there will be more than 8 contestants (which I highly doubt), the third place prize is going to be a 5€ Steam Card!

The (current) deadline of this contest is July 1st!

Possible questions you may have about this contest:

Q: What size should the level be?
A: Medium-large is the recommended size, even though any size is accepted.

Q: Is AngelScript allowed?
A: Yes! I highly recommend using AS to enhance the gameplay and/or visuals of your level.

Q: What if I want to work on a level with another community member?
A: Sure! If the winning level is made by two people, I can split the prize in... almost half. One of them is going to take more, sorry! Also, two people is the limit for one level.

Q: Isn't the "summer" theming a bit too vague?
A: If you're not sure about whether the theme you have in mind fits for this contest, just ask me! Leave a post on this thread and I will give you an answer. If you want to ask me in private, send me a message on Discord: Primpy#8692

Q: How are the winners going to be decided?
A: I'll discuss about it with other members of the community. Or maybe by letting the forum members vote? I'm not sure, maybe the latter.

Q: Aren't you, like, 17 years old? Where do you get the money from?
A: I happen to develop a Roblox game which brings me a monthly revenue. Don't worry, I'm not stealing them for my parents or anything like that

Q: Why does it have to be Steam cash and not actual money?
A: I am not legally allowed to have a PayPal account (I mean, I will, in 3 months by now but still...) and the alternative methods of sending money are too complex and costly. However, if you don't use Steam and/or want money on another platform (GOG.com for example), I'm okay with that. Just tell me about it.

If your question was not answered above, please post it on this thread. I hope this contest turns out well, it's also an attempt to keep the remaining JJ community active. Excuse my English, I'm not the best at it. I hope to see lots of entries!

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz

Last edited by Primpy; May 10, 2018 at 12:39 AM.