Thread: OpenJazz
View Single Post
Bartman

JCF Member

Bartman is doing well so far

Jan 30, 2006, 04:27 PM
Adding Spaz to the game should be just a last minute idea, because I'm not sure who would be willing to draw Spaz in Jazz 1 style, and Spaz shouldnt have any abilities over Jazz.

If its possible, a 2 player co-operative mode would be nice. Battle, CTF and so on are unneccesary because thats why we have Jazz 2. Jazz 1 didnt have any multiplayer in it, so theres no multiplayer centric levels and again, this should be a last minute addition.

Cutscene and Image viewer would be nice. Unlock FMV and images when you beat an episode and so forth.

Dreamcast version (And any other version if applicable) should take advantage of the memory card ports and possibly add jump pack compatibility (Thats the rumble pack) As well as keyboard support for that real old school feel. When you save your game it should ask for which memory card you want to save in, and will give you a number of save fields, obviously.

DS version should put the ammo gauges for each gun shown on the bottom screen, and let you touch the screen to choose a weapon. Simple and obvious addition.

Have the ability to pick between Holiday Hare 94 and 95, because you can only have one loaded at a time.

Extensive controller support, like pick which device is plugged in your system and configure buttons accordingly.

Option to have the camera scroll ahead of you as you run, so I'm not just blindly running toward death.

HUD options from classic, small and simplified, to off.

By the way, Jazz can look up and down, but it'd be nice to do either one of two things
-Fix the glitch where if Jazz looks up and fires, the bullets wont travel because its off screen, wasting ammunition.
-Have Jazz fire up.

Oh, yeah, hello again guys. (Forget that Agent Jackrabbit remake, I'm doing a new level instead)