Thread: OpenJazz
View Single Post
Tinnus

JCF Member

Tinnus is doing well so far

Jan 31, 2006, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Bunny
Awesome. I used to have a palm. It kept me occupied during my more boring classes in school.

The latest source isn't on the website. I'll upload it once I'm confident that it works reasonably well with the changes that have been made. If you tell me where I can find your code, I'll include it.
Hmm... it's though, there's some magic there to make it all work (magic I use with all my ports). Basically you must do some magic to make stuff run natively on Palm OS 5.0+ (natively = ARM code instead of emulated 68k).

Anyway, that means IMO it would be better to me if I got the code and added the Palm stuff (which includes a lot of extra files for the 'magic', but those can be kept in a separate folder; and a few #ifdef's as always).

So, that means I will wait until you upload the latest. You can always send it to tinnus at gmail for me to take a look though

Meanwhile I'll sort out some small problems and optimize some stuff (namely drawing which is currently slow in Palm OS due to, I believe, SDL).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Bunny
I avoid floating point wherever possible, but OpenJazz is designed to cope with variable framerates, making non-integers a necessity. It may be possible to use fixed point, but it would be a lot of work.
Makes sense to me. It was just a suggestion anyway.

Oh, and that remembers me of the jumping-height bug. Jack jumps too low when the FPS is low. I suppose you know that already, but it's just that I remembered it now