View Single Post

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Jun 14, 2016, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
The reason is on the top.
My bad. Well, no-life only reasons concerned - first of all, don't get me wrong. I love the Jazz Jackrabbit games, anytime someone asks me what my favorite game is I answer Jazz2 without hesitation. But there's so many more games to play, so much more to achieve. Especially when thinking of my band, I did so many JJ remixes in the past, even if most of them were bad because I was just beginning to learn and I'd like to revisit and rework them all, it's so much more exciting to try and tackle all the different soundtracks. And, most of all, it's super exciting to make our own from scratch. I'm going to put the other part of your post here for reference before I get to the next part:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
Anyway, about levels. I don't think you should worry about who's active too much, especially considering it's single player - which can be picked up and played any time. As long you bring your cool ideas to life, that's what matters.
You're right and I always wanted to finish this mainly to make something I'd love to play, and also something to be proud of. Then all these great things, that I always intended to somehow include in these levels, became possible with JJ2+, and I can't just leave them out now! But it's super hard, since I have so little experience with scripting. And yet, recently I decided I have to learn at least the basics of coding. Right now, when we're working on our second video game and for the second time it's a game made in Unity, it would be much easier to work together with the developers if I understood better how they implement our sounds in the game. So I guess I'm just postponing it again. Waiting until I can do it the way I mean it to be.

And making my own things with video games was always more exciting to me than just playing them. I guess that's why I came to like Jazz2 so much in the first place.

I was never good at quitting things for good.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)