View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Mar 20, 2016, 02:45 AM
On Chrome, the game froze for me several times. Initially it would look like a freeze frame, then after a few seconds the character would disappear from the original position and show up in the top left corner of the screen. The page would then stop responding for good and require a restart. Judging by when it happened and how it looked, I am guessing it had something to do with collision resolution between the player and the ground.

The Castle1 level is missing transparency on background windows placed near the ground that look like grates. In JJ2 coordinates, (94, 16), (102, 16), (143, 23), (148, 25), (169, 23), (177, 23). The fact that the same tiles in other circumstances have correct transparency makes me significantly concerned about your implementation of tile-based graphics.

The game is visibly affected by its frame rate, and that's a really bad sign. I'm not saying the frame rate is low, what I'm saying is that depending on the frame rate, outcomes of performing an action may be different. When jumping on springs, I can reach much higher when my frame rate is higher. If I lower it, either by enabling debug mode or by holding the sprint key - let me spare comments about how the sprint key lowers my frame rate - I can no longer reach certain places.

Forgive me if I remain as skeptical as usual towards another fangame project.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.