View Single Post
MasterRyu

JCF Member

MasterRyu is doing well so far

Jun 23, 2015, 09:52 PM
Issues in Windows 7

I have noticed some minor issues playing the game in Windows 7 (these occur with the vanilla and Jazz2+ version of an EXE patched to version 1.23):

1.) Microstutter - the scrolling is somewhat stuttery. No amount of messing with program compatibility options/forcing vsync on and off in the Nvidia control panel remedied this. In software mode the game claims to be constantly flipping between 59 and 60 FPS, and in hardware mode it claims to be locked at 70, yet the stutter is present in both (but I don't use hardware mode, as for some reason I get noticeable slowdown while, for example firing more than a few rockets, whereas it runs fine, other than the stutter, in the software mode)

2.) The spotlight fadeout effect at the end of the level doesn't fire most of the time for some reason - this is very minor of course.

Pertinent Specs:

Windows 7 64-bit Professional w/ latest updates
Core i7 2600K
8GB DDR3
Gigabyte Geforce 660 Windforce OC w/ latest drivers

The scrolling was smooth and skip free on my old Pentium/Pentium II and I believe even the XP and Vista machines. It's certainly not unplayable, but the skipping is very noticeable, and some sort of workaround would be much appreciated.