View Single Post
MasterRyu

JCF Member

MasterRyu is doing well so far

Jun 24, 2015, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGPW View Post
I don't recommend using hardware mode, especially not with a powerfull PC like that. HW mode even disables some effects. Funny fact, my P166 MMX was able to run Software mode at a decent FPS.

That your FPS is locked at 59 and 60 FPS is not so strange, your monitor is (most likely) capped at 60 hrz. Mine hits at 120 FPS because my monitor is native running at 120 hrz

However, there is away to overrule the 60 fps cap but i'm not sure how that works.
In my original post I state as an aside that I don't use hardware mode because I get nasty framerate drops in certain instances, like firing multiple rockets. I understand that the game has built-in Vsync, but I'm confused as to why for some reason it can't keep a locked 60 (which is probably why I'm getting the stuttering), though in hardware mode the game claims I'm at 70 FPS constant and yet I still see the stutter, so I don't know how accurate the in-game FPS readout is. I've tried any number of things to eliminate the stutter to no avail, this may just be a case of this almost 20 year old game and my modern hardware/OS/DirectX clashing. At least it is playable, the stutter is just annoying. Thanks in advance for any help.