View Single Post

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Mar 14, 2016, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
Don't listen to Gus. Jazz 1 is hardly a copy of Sonic; it shares gameplay concepts but the art is original and so are plenty of other things (like, Jazz having a gun). It's silly to read anything into the "Sonic with a Gun" title, as it belongs to a fan production that explicitly aims to recreate bits of the Sonic games (including copied graphics), something JJ1 didn't do.
I don't think Jazz 1 is a copy of Sonic either. I really enjoyed and still do enjoy playing Jazz 1 sometimes, especially custom levels. Jazz 2 however just feels like a ripoff. I can't say I did not enjoy Jazz 2, of course I did, and I still do. But it was just rushed, it could've been a way better game. It just feels incomplete, single player is storyless (unless you read the manual), the levels are repetitive when it comes to gameplay (except some levels, such as the water level), multiplayer is buggy and, uh, I don't really know, it just feels kind of weird to play it when you know how many stuff are inspired from other games or other things (tilesets, music, maybe even level design, who knows!). Also, the amount of content that was scrapped but not added in the final game is huge compared to other games. Sorry, feel free to argue with me but it's just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
I also have a hard time seeing what was copied from Gus' screenshots. Sure, there are some thematic similarities, but there are only so many ways to depict a dungeon or stone wall.
Me neither. Probably they are just inspired of them or they aren't linked at all.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz