View Single Post

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Jul 4, 2009, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMike View Post
I agree, deserto orbital base is the best level I ever made. And the reason is simple: the tileset allows for massive versatility and originality in the level design.

That access violation in the boss level is annoying but unintentional. It's also the reason why I made the warning a bit more prominent in the ep5 download... there is no way to fix it unless JJ2 itself is fixed.

Overall there are 8 points in the episode where you can save safely guaranteed (cutscenes or transition levels).

As for the difficulty level, it's definitely not for everyone. If it's so much that you hated it, well I'm sorry to hear that. However, playing on easy mode probably won't make you like it more. In fact, you should just not play it at all. Play something you enjoy instead: there's no reason to put yourself through a several-hours long episode if you know you don't like it.

I thought the last episode should the most challenging and varied one, though. And easy mode does help a bit (but the death pits will still get you). If you're dying due to falling, easy isn't going to change a lot. What easy mode adds is carrots (about double the amount). Funny thing is quite a few people criticized ep4 for being too easy. You can't please everyone, I guess. It's a good idea to play the other episodes and get used to those.
Deserto Orbital Base is definitely one of the best levels I've ever played. Although I think my favorite may be something from Episode 5 now. I've been on vacation and still sort of am, so I haven't gotten to play as much as I'd like. I've made it to Blight, and got to the third set of rocks before losing all my lives. I think my favorite levels so far have got to be Deluge, Blight, and Fortress of Floods. The gameplay on each is quite unique, and the fact that they're way too difficult for me makes it more fun when I finally do win. I think Fortress of Floods alone took me three or four hours.

Anyway, I've really been enjoying this episode, and it seems like a more-than-worthy ending for an already amazing series.

Lexicographer: Someone who writes dictionaries
Neophyte: A novice, or newbie
Hemisemidemiquaver: In music, a sixty-fourth note

Exit Troglobite, Stage Left