View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Jul 12, 2014, 10:39 AM
"You can also collect gems to collect points and even extra lives"

Did this guy even try collecting 100 gems if the gaining lives thing is even true? Because it's not. I guess it was in the manual.

It's an average review. Nothing too bad, it goes into some not really needed (and some useful) trivia, and explains the basics for those unfamiliar with the game, and doesn't give much reasoning half of the time. I mean I don't like the TSF levels as much either, though he doesn't go into the actual level design, just the first tileset in the TSF episode. The Christmas level design is very similar to the TSF ones. I still think it's pointless to buy an out of print game though.

I'm grateful for him mentioning plus, though he barely went into it. It especially bothers me since plus fixes some of the issues he mentioned. I wouldn't of cared about plus that much if it was advertised that way to me, because he only makes it seem like it matters to level designers, when it does more than that (and yes, some examples are important for more solid first impressions). I'm having doubts he actually downloaded it.

I could still make a better review. Not out of some ego thing, just that I have a lot of experience and knowledge with JJ2. It probably wouldn't be a video because my voice sounds like a 13 year old boy (and therefore wouldn't be taken seriously) and I have zero video making experience, and afaik WMM sucks.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ