View Single Post

JCF Member

DennisKainz is notorious for his worthless posts

Mar 10, 2016, 06:36 AM
Jazz Jackrabbit is the right character in the wrong hands.

Jazz 1 is mostly a copy of Sonic, from which the nickname/custom episode "Sonic with a Gun". It also contains hidden obscenities. And it's for MS-DOS, the Internet Explorer of gaming platforms.
Jazz 2 is a copypasta of other games, and only has 12 worlds (16 with expansion packs), while JJ1 had 18 (30 with expansion packs). It has room for 4 background layers, but some are missing, and some are repetitive.
Jazz 3 wasn't even released. I've been hoping for a Jazz 3 game since I was 10.
15 years of my life!

As a character, I always preferred Jazz over Mario and Sonic. Those ones, tbh, seem drawn by a 3 years old, while Jazz Jackrabbit, and Earthworm Jim as well, are true artistic masterpieces.

Back to the topic ...
As for the castle and haunted house tilesets, some bits might have been ripped from Maui Mallard.

Colonius also contains bits from Mickey's Wild Adventure.

And the skeletons that lose bones are a ripoff of the Mad Doctor ones in Mickey's Wild Adventure. You shoot them 3 times, they scatter bones around.

Some of these tiles may or may not have been used in Castle, Labrat, Medivo and Haunted House.

I also found a minor resemblance between JJ2 tilesets and Little Ralph ones, like this one:

wai u do dis epic gaemz

Last edited by DennisKainz; Mar 12, 2016 at 02:00 PM.