View Single Post

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jun 24, 2015, 11:29 AM
Alright, I'm tired of getting these in my update feed, so let's make an attempt.

Your stated problems with the games:
  • The guns are "too sugarcoated to be any threat", and thus not fun.
  • The characters in the game "are dull and have barely any personality".

Okay. The first thing can't really be argued with. Apparently you don't think cartoonish guns make for a fun game. And apparently lots of other people do, or they think the game has enough other qualities that whether the guns are fun or not doesn't matter. Wrong or right doesn't enter the equation, it's purely a matter of opinion; does the style of the game appeal to you? Looks like for you that's not, or no longer, the case. And that's fine.

The second point is similar. Apparently you think that strong characters are important for a game to be fun and that Jazz Jackrabbit 2 doesn't have strong characters, or that its characters are not interesting enough. If you care about that sort of thing, I can see how playing Jazz Jackrabbit isn't appealing for you anymore. If you don't, as is apparently the case for most players, it wouldn't be an obstacle for playing the game. Either is fine.

It's evident that people here are fine with you not liking the game. Your grounds for not liking it are things no one cares to argue about because they're largely personal preference and, as they say, there is no accounting for taste.