View Single Post

JCF Member

Ducky is doing well so far

Mar 25, 2001, 05:14 PM
Well, I don't exactly know how to do this, um, I seem to have a knack for messing these up... sigh. I could always try. Should I do it as at the Tavern now? Was that a prolouge? I'll be quiet.

The rabbit tending the bar inside twitched his ears and glared up at the opening in the roof. He put down the cup he was rubbing and rushed outside, screeching at a few rabbits on the roof. "Hey! Hey, could you stop sawing up there?? You're getting sawdust in everyone's drinks!" He squinted into the sun, high behind them. They stared down. "Sorry," one of then hollered. The bartender ducked a flying shingle and went back into the shade. It was quiet in the'Tavern that day, beside the sounds of summer, and the hammering on the roof and soft chatter of the few customers. The new door was due to arrive that day, a good wooden one that swung both ways. The rabbit sighed, almost regretfully and poured himself a drink from a barrel dark with age. Some of the old ale and liquor had been saved from the fire, in the cellars, but most that had been kept in the back room was gone. The chandelier that hung in the middle of the ceiling had fallen and was bent, now, but it had been polished and was waiting for the roof to be finished. The rabbit sat down on a new stool as the other bar keeper came in the door. "Hey." The male bunny raised hishand, acknowledging her. It was too hot that day to be working. To hot to talk, even. All the grass had been burnt yellow and the roads were horribley dusty. The girlpaused to say hi to a lavender rabbit sitting by thedoor, and came back to the counter. The bartender swiveled on his stool. "Wanna take some drinks out to them?" He gestured to the roof. She nodded. "Sure. Whattya got?" He pointed to some cups on the counter. "You can take them, they dumped a load of sawdust in them, or you could be kindhearted and pour them some fresh stuff." She grinned. The Tavern was almost finished except for the roof so they deserved something new. She breathed in the smell of the new wood, but looked sad. It was still hard to think that the Old Tavern was gone, with all its memories.

Well, I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing, and I don't know if the people are supposed to be me and NightFire or Addie and Bluezy, or people different,so the names were omitted. Someone else write them in

`Ducky