View Single Post

JCF Member

Ducky is doing well so far

Mar 27, 2001, 07:59 AM
Okay, well thanks for informing me I didn't mess it up

The sun was almost set, staining the 'Tavern red like always. A few rabbits were still clustered at the counter, mostly older ones murmuring to Admael and Bluez, and some drunks were still at the tables. Ducky and Blackie were sitting in one of the dark corners playing card games and cheating obviously. Some thunder still rolled in the distance, but it was as hot as ever, hot and dry. Some lightning flashed, red, and startled the Taverners but they soon went back to their drinks. The old jukebox had managed to be saved, mostly, and had been fixed up again. It sometimes quivered and flashed strange lights, but it was almost back to normal. A couple rabbits looked over as the door creaked open, no one usually entered past around eight. Surprisingly, it was the mailman, wheezing from the heat and red in his face. "Hey, guys," he said, waving a paw that included them. "Thought I'd wait until nightish to see if the heat went down before I started out, but it didn' and I thought I'd better go before it got any later. He sat down at the bar and opened his bag, ordering a large ginger ale with ice. He pulled out a batch of letters with a string around them. "These should be for you guys." He shuffled through them, laying them in piles. Bluez, Kovu, BlackSheep, Cheeze- he paused here. "Does cheeze still come around here?" Addie shrugged. "I don't know, once in a while, I guess." The mailbunny continued handing things out. "OKay, well, give that to him if you see him." the piles continued. Kazooie, who hadn't been in that day but would probably be in the next, Ducky, and various other rabbits that frequented the Tavern. After all that, he pulled out a small thin letter address to Admael in black ink. There was a return address she didn't recognize. "Thats a special one, Addie, comes from far away. Been through a lot to get too ya." Addie nodded, walked into the back to open it as a few Taverners opened their mail disintrestedly. Mostly spam, anyway, whats the rush.

Eehhh, okay..

`Ducky