View Single Post
Admael

JCF Member

Admael has disabled reputation

Mar 27, 2001, 02:19 PM
(Yay! We're getting it!)

--------------------------

I tore at the small envelope, but the tightly weaved paper would hardly budge, even after taking a pocketknife to it. Obviously the handiwork of more than just a salesman. The paper itself was yellowed and had a musty smell to it, proving on its own that it had traveled a great while. Disgruntledly, I returned to the counter to polish cups and slid the envelope in my cloak. When I returned, the mailman was still handing out letters.

"Hey, do you think you could open this for me? I've tried and tried, but that material's strong, and I haven't got much to open it with," I asked the mailman.

"I really would, but I've got to leave. I started out too late to linger any longer. But if you would, I'd like to know who wrote that. It must be something important, or he wouldn't have payed that much for postage. All my coworkers are rather interested, too," he mentioned, then left.

A slightly tipsy but muscular rabbit approached me, ripped the letter open, and handed it back. "Thanks," I managed to say before he was leaving the Tavern. My eyes were pryed open when I saw what the letter was. "This is really strange. It's typed... personal letters are rarely typed unless the writer wants to remain unknown. That must be the case. Anyway, here's what it says...

'Admael,

Being the rabbit of influence that you are, I have decided to send this letter to you. Please be certain the Tavern knows that there might be another burning... but this time, not for the good of the Tavern. The turtles are revolting once again. Again, it is imperitive that this reaches everyone in the Tavern. Keep your eyes out for any signs of danger, and don't let any drunkards in that couldn't get out from now on. Watch out for yourself, Admael, because they're targeting you this time.

Sincerely,

Unknown'"

It wasn't hard for me to figure out who had written this, though it seemed much of the Tavern was not quite as aware. I tried to shrug it off... but it kept returning to my mind. Why were they targeting me? Sure, I was the bartender. But I wasn't much more than the rest of these rabbits. I turned to Ducky. "Could you take over? And watch out for Bluez, if you would. I need to think about this."

-----------------------

-Ad