View Single Post
mdnchmr

JCF Member

mdnchmr is doing well so far

Nov 15, 2006, 01:05 AM
Thread Ressurection!

Sorry for the thread ressurection D:

This is MidN/Chimaera/mdnchmr/atonofothernames, unfortunate owner of a certain level that made it into the battle server. I haven't been playing Jazz for a while, mostly because I've been playing World of Warcraft. I logged into Jazz a few hours ago and was horrified to see my Jungle Fort level was on the battle server. I would like to request that my craptastic level be replaced with another, please. D: It's absolutely embarassing to see that thing on there. I was never good with levels, and never will be. Jungle Fort was not a serious battle level, just something I was horsing around with in JCS. Besides, my server was never a serious battle server; just for good times and great fun with awesome people. People who may remember my server may know most of the time spent on there was spent on chatting and fooling around....or idling. Especially the idling.

My levels were always a contrast from the rest out there. The "professional" ones bored me. I like to have levels with quirks. So, as you can see, Jungle Fort really doesn't fit into the community rotation of a serious battle. As a matter of fact, none of my levels should be on the battle server. My work is not up to par, which is fine with me, and by the sounds of it, most of the community agrees. I'm not shedding any tears over it. So, this is a formal request from me, the author, to have my work removed.

As a matter of fact, I also believe the author should be sought out first and permission requested before you place any levels on the battle server. I would never have agreed to any of my work being hosted on the battle server. I was actually quite upset with one of my levels being in one of the Anniversary Bashes when no one had contacted me to ask for my permission first. I knew it would receive nothing but complaints, and thus it did, because it wasn't a serious battle level and was designed for fun on my own server and quite possibly even a few friends, if they chose to host it. But, that's just my two cents.

P.S. From what I hear, though, Crapply Designed City is, or at least was, on the rotation. I'm at a complete loss to explain that one LOL. That made my day! It's supposed to be a god awful, ATROCIOUS level. How in the world it got on there, with the "professional" levels, mystifies me, and at the same time flatters me. It's so horrid, it's so gooooooood? That beauty, along with Zero Effort CTF, was my pride and joy. My brother, sister and I had a good laugh making that tileset and level. I'm sure Dusk got a kick out of it too, helping me make the level(the flaming cats were his idea, not mine. :-p). I hope others got a laugh out of it too, but it probably should go, lol.
To the person who said it, "it was a pile of crud on a stick" - You need to lighten up. It was a joke level, and I'm sorry you missed the flaming obvious.

Last edited by mdnchmr; Nov 15, 2006 at 01:23 AM.