Thread: Project Carrot
View Single Post
Soulweaver

JCF Member

Soulweaver is an asset to this forum

Dec 12, 2016, 09:28 AM
Just a small update: I posted a round-up video of features that were added in since May. As evident from both my activity here and in the repository, my focus has again been all over the place except in PC, but I'll try to put more effort into it again soon.

I think I read these messages before but didn't have to time to answer right away and forgot... Anyways:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
Oh, it's nice to see you're still working on it. I like how your taskbar on top, not bottom
Hehe, thanks It's a long time habit now; I find it useful to have the task bar on the eye level than at the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
Yeah, I'm still interested in progress towards this project. Looking back, it really came a long way from what you first showed us!

In a way, I feel kind of sad that all I can do here is appreciate the project. I can't really program, but if you do donations at some point I'm willing to support.
Your and everyone else's interest into it is already enough support, and also something I am quite grateful for

Programming-wise, it's not like it'd be easy for anyone to contribute at the moment really. There's still a lot of cruft in the engine that needs to be rewritten in a better way, so the game core would pretty much be a moving target to anyone else looking towards helping. Maybe in the future it will be more stable...

Donations have crossed my mind at least once but I decided that as long as I cannot reliably promise continuous development, it'd pretty much be a scam on my part, plus I'm managing well with the salary from my daily job anyway so it'd just be a bonus and not something that really helped me put the bread on the table. So, I don't think that'll happen even if it would sound like a motivator.

----------

EDIT: Magic. Okay, still a bit broken, but regardless.

Last edited by Soulweaver; Dec 14, 2016 at 02:49 PM.