View Single Post

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Jul 20, 2003, 09:10 PM
3 on 3's and how they should be scored

Lately people have been doing a lot of 3 on 3 games. Currently, JDC counts those as events. The problem is, some people are gaining huge amounts of points from playing large amounts of them, and they are sometimes going as far as to play 3 on 3 games exclusively instead of duels due to the fear of losing points, since a 3 on 3 is considered an event while a 2 on 2 is considered a duel in terms of how they are scored.

We (the JDC administration) wish to change this, because we consider it a bit unfair that such large amounts of points are being given out.

There are two proposed solutions to fix this problem, and one of them is going to be enacted by the end of this round. We are either going to put restrictions on the amount of points you can get out of a 3 on 3 event (the maximum amount of points for an event will probably be determined by a function like Points = Players*2.5 - 10 or similar), or we will make them count as duels in terms of scoring.

A lot of people are against making a 3 on 3 game scored like a duel (they are mostly the higher ranked players), but I for one am in favour of making them equivilant to duels in terms of scoring. I dislike placing restrictions on points, and I think making a 3 on 3 out of a maximum of 5 will just encourage people to to do even more of them.

Visit My JJ2 Blog (HOLD YOUR HORSES I'M WORKING ON IT SHEESH)

Last edited by EvilMike; Jul 20, 2003 at 11:01 PM.