View Single Post
Nimrod

JCF Member

Nimrod has disabled reputation

Apr 1, 2008, 02:59 PM
Well now April the 1st is ending so those of you who haven't got the picture from reading should know it was an April Fools.

It's a bit of a bummer that someone went ahead and spoiled it very early on by showing the hidden messages within the fake source, the idea behind the whole thing was to provide some really convincing source code (be it, not the real thing) and then people would find out on there own while playing with it. I don't know if the earlier on posts if people were really falling for it, or if they were keeping up with the cover not to spoil it for others. (You don't deserve a medal for spoiling it, all you do is annoy the people who put a lot of effort into it)

Despite criticism from Cooba the very part he calls lame isn't far from the truth. Other Jazz'ers who were disappointed and found the joke not funny, may I point them to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools'_Day

Its to be expected, back years ago when we pulled the 1.25 prank and others, it was pretty much guranteed if anyone looked at the date the post was posted and the time zone, should have known or expected at least disappointment at the end.

Despite the belief of the cover story being rubbish by the previously mentioned person, the idea was to combine truth, and twist it slightly. Be it Digiex is in talks with Epic regarding UT and I've had regular contact with people their, perhaps not travelling 1000's of miles from the UK to see them, but at least electronically I have been speaking. Whatever comes from that, no doubt you will find out and yes JJ2 has been talked about(similarly as talked about in the hoax) and as always everyone says they will look into finding the source, but no one ever seems to find it or release it. Don't honestly expect any breaking news in that department, but people was still working hard to try and seek the source. If and when it ever gets released, rest assured it would be properly announced by J2o or J2nsm.

Last edited by Nimrod; Apr 1, 2008 at 03:28 PM.