View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Mar 25, 2019, 03:00 PM
I'll be finishing a brand new battle and polishing (along improving) Evoked for AB21. I -might- make a second battle too, but don't count on it.

Anyway, I've been hesitant to bring up my thoughts on the lists, but I'll try to keep it brief -cough-;

CTF:
Overall a good selection! Can't say I'm a big fan of just got carrot away, but it seems likely to be replaced anyways.

Battle:
Eeeeh. Not much author variety and a lot of maps that have been used a lot recently already. Can't say I like Palmcoke either, the flow is bumpy and it looks like getting roasts there is going to take a long time.

These are maps that have been in 2 consecutive bashes that I believe could do with a break: Frontier Falls, Rift, Outgrown, Horizon Approaching, The Impossible Metropolis.

There's plenty of other quality, less often used maps out there that can be used instead. Here are some suggestions for battle: Intercity Grudge Match/Grass Hill Citadel, Forsaken Hot Springs, Castle Bunnies for life, Pool party, Zes, That unnamed desert battle by Evilmike (a respectable classic that didn't make it to ab20), Elektrek Pyramid/Press Garden, Thermae, Urban Brawl, Vanilla Shores/Virtuosity/Stalactite Labratory/Robust ruins.

As for CTF, I believe the new maps will do the job replacing. Wouldn't mind seeing Complete Pipe dream make a reappearance though (could use the original palette this time, lol).

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ