Thread: Project Carrot
View Single Post
Soulweaver

JCF Member

Soulweaver is an asset to this forum

Feb 10, 2014, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitHare View Post
Very impressive work! I'm new here btw, so hello everyone! I've always been a big fan of Jazz2 prompting me to work on my own sidescrolling game engine as well, only to get sidetracked on other things.
But I'm tidying it up a bit and will post a thread about it shortly. I'll release the source code so perhaps it will be of some use to projects like this.
Hello and thank you It's always great to see other projects pop up, so if you're planning to improve on yours, good luck Rest assured, you're certainly not the only one who's struggling with sidetracking, I spent a good deal of last year letting my code just sit around while I was playing games and I might be going on a hiatus of a sort due to schoolwork in the near future too. As far as source code goes, I prefer to come up with my own solutions in cases I don't have any means to reference against the original game; that doesn't mean I won't check your code, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitHare View Post
C++, I'll give the details in my own thread, but I don't seem to have the privileges to create one at this point(because I'm too new?).
That must be it as you seem to have been able to do that recently. Restricting new threads to established users, either with a minimum post count or a minimum account age, is a rather efficient (but obviously not failproof) method to curb spambots, so I can see why that restriction is in place.