View Single Post

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Mar 11, 2009, 08:51 AM
Talking Two Games Joined - "Made of Hate" demo EP

Now, this may be something unusual. This part of the forum does not often see music being introduced, and I think the last time somebody made an actual EP/album in the community was Two Piece Squirrel's "You Suck at the Internet" (which is awesome btw and coincidentally also begins with 'Two'), so I'm not sure if there will be much of a response, but I'm giving it a try. This thing right here is a demo EP I have made to test myself, start taking my music making seriously and try to establish myself as a musical artist further than in just remixing Jazz Jackrabbit songs (but hey, I'm not giving that up). I even changed my artist name to something more sounding like a band/project rather than a screenname (a maybe not so cool feature of many video game remixers) and made sure nobody else uses it so I wouldn't have to change it anymore just in case (also works good if I ever got to gather a live band). So headfirst, some info about the record itself.

But first... WARNING PARENTAL ADVISORY EXPLICIT LYRICS WELL SOMETIMES MAYBE ONCE OR TWICE BUT STILL

...with that out of the way, we may continue.

The title is "Made of Hate" (as seen in the thread title) and it's 30 minutes of rage, uneasiness and other unpleasant things wrapped up in a cross between the good old industrial, the heavier forms of synth rock and the sound reminescent of demoscene and old video games, something I think most of us in the community are common with. In fact, it was done in ModPlug Tracker, mostly because I was trying to get a sound of the early 90's (when music, particularly industrial, was good). Another concept was to finish the whole thing in no more than 2 weeks. Why? Because at the time I was going through a sort of depression and I wanted to exploit this state of mind to create songs out of it. After said 2 weeks I had to travel home for Christmas and after returning I just wouldn't feel the record. I did fit in the limit, but to archieve this I had only one day to record vocals - and that's noticeable. Finally, I put quite a lot of my solipsistic approach to the world into the lyrics and the songs sort of form a logical, almost storytelling order. There's certainly something happening between the beginning and the end.

Before getting to the links, I would also like to remind that this is a demo and although I did spend a lot of time working on mixing this, I'm no expert at the technical side of sound so the mix is certainly not perfect. So please don't be harsh at it. Bashing anything else is okay, welcome and cool. In fact, whatever way you comment, it's cool. Just... give a word about it. I'd be grateful.

Enough with the crap nobody reads, here are the links:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/n07yba - 320 kb/s mp3s with lyrics in txt and a cover image
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3nqb37 - DIY kit, lossless master track with a cue image file and printable artwork to make your own cool-looking 'original' copy
http://www.sendspace.com/file/el4tsv - original Impulse Tracker files (and Audacity files for track 4) for remixing, remastering and sampling, if you feel like

(it's all on SendSpace because I don't have a website yet, but this is slowly being worked on)

Track listing:
1. Warlord - 0:48
2. Made of Hate - 4:54
3. Tied Down - 8:24
4. The Inevitable - 5:00
5. Sinner - 5:03
6. Reflection - 5:52

One last thing - I'm giving this away on Creative Commons license, so basically you can do anything with these (for example use in movies or mixtapes), as long as you give credit; in fact, I'd be happy if you did!

Enjoy!

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

Last edited by DoubleGJ; Mar 11, 2009 at 08:54 AM. Reason: THERE ARE BAD WORDS IN THIS 8|