View Single Post

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

Mar 15, 2009, 11:19 PM
After this 30 minute download is finished, I will listen critically.

PS: Yes my internet sucks, now go find yourself a lollipop or something.

The way I speak of these tracks: I type while I'm listening, so I suggest you do so too if you don't know what I'm talking about.

--

The first track, Warlord, well, I like it a lot. It's like, well, epic, and stuff. It's the intro to a story yet to unfold.

The second one, the titlesong, is... well... not quite my style. The voice (is it you?) is kind of Nirvana-ish. I like that. But 'Made of Hate' is a bit too busy for my liking.

The track after that, Tied Down, is more in my style. Nice, easy-going and pleasant on the voice. Me likes.

Next. "The Inevitable"... kind of odd when you realise, the next song, it is inevitable.... okay enough oddness. Speaking oddness, this song starts with slowmotion voices and silent guitarplay. As it slowly levels out, the guitar can be heard better. Odd use of chords, but creative. After a while, the guitar silences again, to introduce the oncoming actual 'start' of the song. With a beatbox-like sound and lots of moaning, this track is obviously odd. =D This holds out for a while, until the wah-wah guitar kicks in, along with a rotary organ and some actual drums... And then, I thought my mum was vacuuming, but it was the song... Okay.

Sinner. That's how the song starts. SIIINNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. This repeats the following four lines. Usually I stop listening now, but I respect you as an artist (opposing to a lot of metal artists that use these kind of introductions). Actually, it gets quite funky after this... and well, more screaming later. Not quite my style, unfortunately.

Reflection, the last song already. Hey wow, this starts very cool. Awesome. I love these kind of 'goblin-intros' as I call them. Don't ask me why, but there is a sample on my Yamaha that sounds like this and it's called Goblin. So yeah. Moving on... this song doesn't seem to move on quickly, so forgive me as I skip a bit. Oh wait. Voice. And bell-ish sounds. Cool. Nice mix. Oh wait, there's more. Drums. Sounds really chiptune 80's style. Now my right ear is beeping.... No wait, left... Both... This sounds really Nintendo. Now the song really kicks in... and... someone answer the phone. Odd sounds.

Okay, so that's my 'first impression' read-through. Time for a verdict... to be entirely honest, this takes time getting used to. I don't like this kind of music VERY much, so adapting is the greatest step for me. The songs are all well orchestrated, though, it's just my major complaint is... well, the voice. Screaming and talking through the songs. I dunno if this is 'traditional' in industrial, but that's just one thing I'm not often in the mood for.

... well, that's really all I have to say.

Last edited by CrimiClown; Mar 16, 2009 at 06:27 AM.