View Single Post

JCF Member

Jelly Jam is doing well so far

Feb 22, 2015, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
My vibe is that you actually don't like MSpaint better, it's that you were simply too lazy to try anything else.

If I can't tell any theme from a couple of tiles, there may be a problem. I can make two tiles and there's already a clear hint of the theme. It's barely to do with drawing quality, it's what the tiles are trying to convey. Top secret may be one of those tilesets with tiles that convey nothing other than being just blocks, however it is not a good example on how to set a theme.

Being new doesn't make you immune to critique. If anything, it helps you develop your skills faster if you learn what to improve on earlier. I don't usually review casual artists, though since it was a contest entry, I felt inclined to.
If you really couldn't tell what those blocks were supposed to be, there were supposed to be wooden blocks for a giant wooden table. I wasn't satisfied with that version so i started working on another one days ago. The block system worked, it really looked like a gigantic table, but there were still some problems with it...