View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 16, 2012, 03:33 PM
Wow, um. I wish I could disqualify Rage of Aquarius somehow, because I feel I did so little of the legwork for that one that it really shouldn't be the best tileset of the year. Obviously I did very little of the artwork myself -- there's a reason the whole thing took less than 48 hours -- and it's basically an homage to Sea of Flames from Wanderlust and the Land of Wrath and Angels, neither of which I personally created. Pretty much my sole contribution was taking other people's ideas (and artwork) and rearranging them. I don't disagree that I rearranged them well, and the set has certainly gotten some use in the interim, but it seems wrong that RoA should be in the same category as Palmtree Plaza, which (modulo the Sonic influence) was a completely original creation and really rather creative and well executed. Like, they're both good, but ought they really be in competition with one another? But I am glad you all liked it so much, and I hope to continue releasing interesting things for your enjoyment.