View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Oct 4, 2011, 03:07 PM
I'm not going to give you the exact settings, because you can figure this out on your own. Whenever you want to make an event, there are two main resources that I know of. In this basic case, I would suggest the former; the latter is more in-depth, but still not complete, and it uses JCS'94 terminology for parameter names instead of J1E ones which can occasionally be confusing.
  • Open a level using the event that you want to replicate and see for yourself what its various parameters are. Since you're using a shareware version right now, you want Tubelectric. Find an instance of the event used in the level so you learn what its event ID is, then go to Tools-Events in the menu, go to that event ID, and check out how it works.
  • Jazz Graphics Pack, the predecessor to JJ1MOD, includes a list of Behavior and Modifier settings, with some information about how they interact with various parameters. Again, it's incomplete and occasionally flat out wrong, but I don't think we actually have a better list right now because I'm bad at writing things down.
Either way, you're going to end up having to do some experimenting. Change some numbers around, see how the effect changes, repeat until you get exactly what you want.