View Single Post

JCF Member

Louis K is doing well so far

May 29, 2014, 07:00 AM
LFG-2000 replica AEG Project - Part 1 : Upgrades.

Long time no see about this thread!..
meantime, there is no big changes but actually, I has begun my project.(although, process will still slow.. sorry. )

At first of the project, I should to upgrade and cleaning work to this gearbox. so I open it. (this is what I always did so. )

Piston.. one of very important part for shooting.(basically, almost of airsoft gun's operation are simple - store the air in to the cylinder, and compress it to piston.)
Upper one(white piston) is original piston, and lower one(orange piston) is optional piston which I was bought.

Zoom of the original piston's teeth. maybe you can't see properly, but last tooth is almost.. done.(and second,third teeth are broken.)
In other word, this piston is may not work properly.
Now!.. it's time to upgrade!..

Disassembling of the piston head, and removing the old grease..
(according to my experience.. old grease is much harmful rather than non-grease..)

And.. assembling them to the new piston!..
Surely, this metal teeth-piston is much durable than plastic one.

Next, checking about the gears.. hmm..I think those are no need to repair or replace.
But of course, those are need to cleaning. no exception! (picture is after cleaning work.)

So, upgrade and cleaning work is finished.
but one thing is left..

The maintenance.

This is the grease for AEG.

They're seems nothing special, but they're slightly different depending on the use.(viscosity, fluidity, cleanliness...)
Brown one is for gears, and white one is for piston & cylinder.

This is one of the example that how to use it.
Just simple. rub it evenly in between the teeth of gears, rack, all of friction surfaces.

And.. assembling the gearbox..
this is little bit annoying(because the mainspring is rampage while assembling.) but it's the most rewarding job.

From now, the project is just beginning.

P.S.

Maybe this thread is just ignored or denied to post for everyone. readers will probably feel like this to my stupid posts.

Just my guess!..

Or if you won't, then I'll kill you with this COOL weapon.