View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Nov 16, 2006, 12:47 PM
"Yeah guys, we did it!" I said cheerfully in an attempt to raise morale. "Together. We did it together," I added, "except for Uberbob. He didn't help." I think Araches almost smiled, but nobody else did. Except Fooruman, who applauded. I don't count that, though.
"At least we found a save point," I added. Shuriken gave me a confused stare.
"So, to you, these are a lot like those little places in a volksmarch where some old lady gives you a cup of lemonade, only you get nothing?"

I ignored her comment and pushed the door open, carelessly walking inside. A second later I recoiled in shock, because I had just encountered none other than Plot Device the rabbit. He was in a partial slump against a sink, wearing torn clothing, covered with huge bloody gashes, and looked to be nearer to death than ever before.
"S... save your magic, Shaman.." he croaked as I lifted my hand.

Then I snapped. "I wasn't GOING to heal you! I was going to STANGLE you! I'm not a (-)ing shaman! And how the (-) did you get in here? I spent AGES brute forcing that puzzle, and here you are, waiting, about to die. AGAIN. You're probably just going to tell us "Oh, oh, there's so much danger, watch out," and then...? WE WIN ANYWAY. How did you even survive the last time you were mortally wounded? And the time before that? And, again, why the hell are you even here?"
"You must turn back, shaman... there's not much-"
"Time, time, you're going to (-)ing die and you (-)ing want me to give a flying (-) about it. Well guess what? You're NOT GOING TO (-)ING DIE AND I am (-)ING TIRED OF your cryptic warnings and (-)ing calling me a (-)ing SHAMAN. So why don't you jus... juss..."
I was panting, out of breath. I tried again but couldn't even get out a "juss".

I looked down. Plot Device the rabbit was dead.

I stood there for a minute, frozen. L33tz4n slithered in, followed by an unusually solemn and quiet Fooruman. What felt like a few minutes passed in complete silence. "I... I feel kind of bad now."
"It's okay," L33tz4n said, "it was his time to go. Several times ago."

Other than the dead body of Plot Device, the room contained a blood-covered sink, shattered toilet, and empty soap dispenser. The floor, where not hidden under Plot Device's blood, was tiled with scungy blue and white tiles.

Inventory

Code:
Broken PDA Foodbars Bag of Chips Bag of Chips Spear First-Aid Kit Pen and Sketchbook Lock of Foo Hair Book of Canadian Runes Blackraptor FAX Random Machine Parts Sleeping Bag