Thread: The Conquistar
View Single Post
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Apr 10, 2003, 12:08 PM
Who said anything about not posting more? I won't torture you this time, I promise
Now Nobody finds out who the sleeper was. NOT NINJA!
*runs in circles laughing crazily*
Okay, I'm done now.

He gasped as the world swam into focus, expanding in his vision as he struggled up from a well of unconsciousness. The sounds of running water, wind, and exotic birdsong rushed back at him - and so did the pain.
With pain came full awareness. He tried to get up but found it almost impossible. The pain in his lower back was worst of all. He settled on lying still, and observing his surroundings.
He was half in the water. He assumed he had washed up on the shore. There was sand beneath him, but the occasional sharp stone prodded him. He spat grit out of his mouth.
The running water had kept the wound in his back clean, at least. When the pain ebbed he pulled himself up on the beach and glanced around - slowly.
Blood, and grass. Crimson stains glittering on the blades of grass testified silently to what had happened. A broken saber lay in a large patch of scarlet, and two bodies lay further out in the river.
Something flashed silver in the river, catching his attention. He stared at it, trying to make out what it was. Finally he recognized it.
A sword. A broadsword, to be exact, and one he had once wielded.
As if that revelation had triggered something, his memory flooded back. He almost shook his head, but thought better of it and didn't.
Tiger. My name is Tiger. I was a Kiyrenin Captain.
The Kiyrenin. Of course. He had been serving the Kiyrenin - against his will - and they had left him for dead.
My reward, for my faithful service, in lieu of a medal ... Figures.
Tiger pulled himself up. His silver-striped fur was matted with blood and grit, and the water that eddied idly in the shallows had a crimson tint. He winced. Struck down from behind, and he knew who had nearly done him in. He'd felt the bite of Radium's Chaos Lance before.
We knew he was with them. It was my bad luck to be attacking one of his friends, I guess.
Luckily he healed fast, and wounds from Radium's Lance healed even quicker. The benefits of being stabbed and surviving were almost worth it.
Almost.
A few days and he'd be able to fight again. In the meantime, he had to find a way to survive. He carefully waded out to retrieve his broadsword, grimacing at the weight and balance. He really preferred a curved, lighter blade, but the broadsword was better than nothing, especially when his survival was involved.
Three days later the Kiyrenin came.

I just forgot to post yesterday. That's all.