Thread: The Conquistar
View Single Post
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Apr 22, 2003, 11:44 AM
On strike huh? Fine.

Tubelectric was indeed chaotic. Experimental robots gone amuck zipped around like hyperactive hummingbirds. Lights flashed erratically, five minutes couldn't go by without some kind of explosion, and every ten feet there was somebody exiting or entering a wind tunnel, and they were bound to collide with you.
"Tubelectric is severely overrated," Kaz muttered, and got jabbed in the ribs by Crystal.
"Shush. Look for Shinyso."
"Got it," and the big bird took off. KRSplat recalled this planet all too well - it had been their first stop after meeting Claw, Kaz had been kidnapped and recovered, and they had met Emerald Dragon and Wild Angel. That gave him an idea.
"Let's see if Wildie's home," he suggested. But Defalcon shook his head.
"If Shinyso's here, she won't be," he said, "especially if she's as good as you say she is."
"Oh, she's good," Copper admitted. "She's also got brains. She won't be here."
"Say, Copper," KRSplat said. "What are we planning to accomplish here?"
"Good question," Copper said. "Try to bonk Shinyso over the head, knock him out and tie him up if we can. If that fails, try to find who's the Kiyrenin leader. If that doesn't work, just beat up a bunch of Kiyrenin."
"You don't ask for much," Electrik complained, but he brightened at the last part.
"I say we lure them in, a whole bunch of them, and then attack," Crystal added. "After that we do a few illogical, crazy things, like going to odd planets, and throw them off again."
"By odd planets you mean places like Keenrei and Hellantra, right?" KRSplat said. She nodded.
"Right. Baffle them at every turn."
"That's easy," Defalcon called back. "Just put Kaz in charge!"
"Yeah!" Kaz agreed, coming in to land. Claw eyed him dubiously. Kaz shrugged sheepishly.
"Okay, okay," Copper said, exasperated. "Do as you like, I won't - I can't - stop you. Just one thing - how're you going to lure them in?"
Silence.
"I may not be much of a team player, but I'm intelligent enough," she said dryly. "What do you propose we use as bait?"
"Radium?" Kaz said hesitantly. Radium gave him The Look. Kaz ducked his head and subsided.
"No, really," Copper said. "What are you going to use?"
"I say we activate both my swords and yours at the same time, same place," Defalcon said. "That way we'll also be battle ready at the same time."
"Now, that's a good idea," Claw agreed. "But only if we can't find Shinyso."
"I can tell you he's already left," Radium commented. "He was here, but he was gone as of a few minutes ago. Figures."
"Yeah," Copper agreed. "Plan B: Leader."
"Can't we beat them up and find out at the same time?" Acid begged. Radium shrugged.
"That won't work either. Any of the Kiyrenin I've checked don't know, and it's common knowledge that nobody else does either. Everybody in the Kiyrenin ranks knows that nobody else knows who the leader is. Safety precautions."
"Pretty effective, too," Copper admitted. "So Plan C, let's beat 'em up. What do you say? No no, wait, don't tell me ... "
The cheer that followed was enough to make her regret asking.
"I guess it's unanimous. Let's go and get them."

Precursor to ze battle ...