Thread: J2C Archive
View Single Post
Brian

JCF Member

Brian has disabled reputation

May 1, 2008, 11:24 PM
Problem solved, everything should be back up now. Well, unless you're reading this the moment I post it.

Here's the issue. Road Runner doesn't give me a static IP address, so it changes from time to time. My home network is configured so that if I go to "milesba.com" it goes to the address on the internal network instead of the IP address the rest of the world sees. So if the external IP address changes, I usually don't see it because my computers can still connect to the server without a problem. So just now I put in the new IP address into the domain name server and it should be resolved soon. I'd give it around 24 hours to see if the change took effect. If within 48 hours you still have a problem, mention it here and I'll take another look into it. I'll keep checking this thread to see if everything works ok.

I'm kinda bummed that I don't have the old J2C domain anymore. But do to a mixup in the email address I registered the account with, I didn't get the reminder email to renew the domain and someone else snatched it up. It would have cost me $80 to recover the domain. I figured that I'd just get it when the guys who snatched it up tried to renew it. They are trying to sell the domain for $500 (minimum) though because it apparently is a premium domain name that's worth a lot of money. Except that even though it's worth $500, no one has paid that price in two years so I don't know who they are trying to sell it to. In the meantime, jazz2city.milesba.com should also work again. Feel free to let me know if it breaks again.

You know, I may not have the JMMB archives online, but I do wish to keep an archive of Jazz2City going still. So long as I don't have to put an effort into maintaining it, it's still a decent reference to the JJ2 community. It shows us our roots and whatnot. :-)