View Single Post

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Aug 29, 2018, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo(T.C.K.) View Post
Okay, so your question what this consists of, that is partially correct, however the old beta build has two swappable set of files so it basically consists of two
builds in practice...
Oh really?!
How do I do that? I have only seen the default version when you run unreal.exe from the System folder of the 224 build. I'd assumed there had just been some minor mistakes, and that all we had were the three builds(224, 400 Calypso, and original leak), but there are two 224 builds?

Quote:
I have constructed my tree with different system and map directories for the swap versions...

Unreal Engine does allow that kind of thing by modifying the config files to look for different paths.
So it's possible to swap to the second version included in the 224 build by changing the config files... I'm a bit clueless about Unreal, so could you walk me through this a little?

Quote:
However your assumption about the common Jazz 3 leak is incorrect, I included it within my tree so there's the complete catalogue.
This was not provided as such by the source.
Right, so you mean that I'm right about all this stuff collectively being all there is, but that the original leak is only present because you put it in there?

Quote:
Next, don't look at the engine numbers here. This is a crucial mistake, as this is not a game with its own engine.

This means that Jazz 3 was at those stages developed primarily (with different dev cycles) on two Unreal Engine versions only.

Version 224 and later, 400. The 400 Calypso one is thus a different worked-on version than the common leak.
I see. So 224 and 400 are, as assumed, an earlier and a later version of the game, however 224 and 400 refer to the versions of the Unreal engine they were using, rather than the version of the game...
So, since the original leak claims to be version 400, presumably it was the same line of development as the Calypso 400 version, but this build was done at a different time? Given the different EXEs, maps, and the original leak not containing a ton of folders the Calypso build does, I would assume they were at least somewhat different. Given the fact the original leak most likely came from a playtester, and this version came from a developer, it would make sense that they'd be at least somewhat different... I'm just wondering how different, and in which direction the difference goes...

I'd presumed the order was 224 first, then 400 Calypso, then the original leak... Would you say that's likely the correct order, or was 400 Calypso a later build than the original leak?
And how does the other build in the 224 files fit in with this all?

Quote:
As for what is Calypso, I think that was just a nickname of one of the developers.
This all came from some forgotten backups.
Thought that might be the case.
The one thing this does leave in my head is the wonder of whether there are more backups which could turn up...

Quote:
As for the last question I'll make it short. There wasn't any work done on that, but everything would depend of course how Epic were going through with the PS2 UT and what not.
Of course later that was already released so I suppose it would be trivial to just port the finished Jazz 3 stuff on PS2, or perhaps even the engine of the PC release would have been upped to match the engine version of the PS2 engine...
I see. Thanks.