View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jul 2, 2004, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acid
By the way, Radium, why is Foo completely irrelevant? =(
It's not that he was a completely irrelevant person, it's just that he was completely irrelevant to the story. He joined them, he followed them around a little, then they sold him in exchange for magic lessons. I didn't think that was important enough to go in the summary, but I knew UR would complain if I left Foo out entirely.

You turn to the guy with the CD player. He looks about twenty and is wearing jeans and a sports jacket. "What are you doing?" you ask the man.
"Oh? Me?" he responds, "I do the background music for Unfooruman's citadel. Originally he, like, thought the thunderstorm would be enough, but adventurer magazines were giving the citadel got low ratings in the 'mood' category. Adding, like, music was the logical solution."
"Being adventurers," Shuriken begins, "I think it's traditional to ask you to join our party."
He shrugs. "Sorry, I work for, like, the badguy. And I'm not supposed to be too obvious; that's why I'm, like, wearing black." The only black the man seems to be wearing is his socks.

You direct your attention back to the doorway. "I'm going in," you tell your party, "if I die, load the game, m'kay?" Nobody seems to know what you're talking about. You take a deep breath and charge through the door, only to trip over something and come crashing to the ground.
It's too dark to see anything on the inside of the building. You feel around the ground to see what you tripped over. Not surprisingly, it' a human skeleton. Actually, scattered pieces of several of them. You continue to feel around, looking for a clue to whatever killed them. The only interesting thing you conclude is that there are no intact skulls in the pile of bones.
You hear a stumbling, a slithering, and two pairs of footsteps, likely the rest of your party. You hear L33tz4n whisper "Shh, anyone hear that?". The footsteps stop, and you can just barely make out the sound of mechanical joints moving up ahead.