View Single Post

JCF Member

JazzGruff is an asset to this forumJazzGruff is an asset to this forum

Jan 19, 2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
I take issue with the thread title, since it's not the first Jazz 3 patch -- there was a lot of work done to get its multiplayer mode functional, back in the day -- but otherwise this all looks good. Asking as someone who has no experience with UTK and such at all: what are the chances of being able to add stuff that truly expands the game, e.g. other weapons or enemies?
Alright, I changed the title, hopefully this works better.
I remember trying to get some sort of patch like that to work, but I couldn't for some reason, did it use some sort of server that is no longer up? (Sorry, I'm not actually that much into the whole online web functionality stuff)

As for truly expanding the game - In short, the chances are great.

The first thing I will do later on to expand the game's content like that is to get some of the other Dream Cells to work. There are a lot of other Dream Cells in the code actually, but none of them work properly besides the three available ones in the actual demo ( Normal, Ice and Fire ).

Adding models to the game is just... I don't know, I can't do it at the moment, so weapons and enemies will have to wait.

If I do figure out the model part at some point (Maybe someone can help out?), the first thing I would most probably do is to reanimate Jazz's model and add more animations, maybe even enhance the model itself in order to make it look better (I'll be honest with you, the model isn't exactly... very good, but it does the job).

Edit: A little update:
I got the Xbox 360 controller functionality to work properly now, though I have to do a bit more coding in order to improve the controls (The invert option effects Jazz's Forwards/Backwards movement, but the camera's Pitch movement is always inverted)