View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Oct 1, 2014, 02:26 PM
The PRECIOUS BOOTY treasure contest! Win money!

And so the treasure level contest has begun. Here are the rules and guidelines to refresh yourself, and some new ones:

Rules:
1. Entry must be yours in some way.
2. Collabs are allowed. If the winner is a collab entry, the prize money will be shared.
3. Entries must be new. However, you can finish off an unfinished treasure level and enter it.
4. Custom gamemodes that utilise treasure but aren't truly treasure (like ground force and race) do not count.
5. It should support 1.23. Plus allows you to play most levels made in TSF JCS/with TSF tilesets, so all you need to worry about is simply not to use too many/TSF only animations, or the level being far too big. However, if your level supports non-plus 1.23, you must use 1.23 JCS or convert the level into 1.23.
6. It should be playable (not tedious/impossible to reach certain areas) by all characters. If you don't have TSF, I can test if it works with Lori for you.
7. One entry per person
8. The deadline is now November the 25th
9. Your entry should be submitted on J2O. You should say in the description somewhere that it is for the contest. Also, make a post here.

Guidelines:

1. Don't make the player rely on springs/copter pickups too much. While you are blinking, you cannot use springs or pick up objects, resulting in clustered, frustrating fights.
2. Don't go overboard on things that cause the player to slow down a lot (like poles and 1 tile open passages you have to slow down in). These can also result in frustrating fights.
3. AS is optional. If I get enough separate AS and non-AS entries, I may split up the winners into two different categories.
4. The level doesn't need to utilise JJ2+ features.
5. Character and weapon balance is fun, though not required.
7. Keep a balance between vertical and horizontal passages in the layout.
8. Have at least more than one ammo type to make the gameplay not too one-dimensional.
9. Being fun to move around in is a plus.

If I get at least 2 good entries, there will be a 2nd place prize! The first place winner will win £24, and second place will win £12.

I am also looking for judges. I am looking for those adequately skilled in playing, and understand some gameplay theory. Some experience in levelmaking is a plus, but playing in the main one. Judges cannot make their own level entries, for the reason being I feel that if judges had their own entries, they may try to put down others entries to win.

Note that even if I don't get any other judges, there will still be a winner, so don't worry.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

Last edited by Treylina; Nov 14, 2014 at 08:31 AM. Reason: clearing smth up